I AM A LOVELY COTTAGE IN FRANCE , TUCKED AWAY IN THE IDYLLIC , AUVERGNE COUNTRYSIDE AND I AM LOOKING FOR A CARING NEW OWNER!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN HERE ?

Well, now that is a question! I reckon I have stood on this spot for a couple of centuries, maybe a little more! I used to be three cottages , you know, all joined, but one of my owners ( such a nice chap) decided I ( and he) would be more comfortable if I was turned into one airy cottage. OOh It felt so good to have that extra space! My outbuilding housed the bread oven for all the local village! The village is just 1.5 kms at the top of my lane-- it is a real pretty place with a 12th century church and a little bar ( which also houses a little shop) and a smattering of other pretty cottages peeping from behind their climbing roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment